Spring Awakening Yoga Retreat
Pacific Coast of Panama
February 22 – 28, 2019
Join Brenda and Argentina in their second annual Spring Awakening Yoga Retreat Panama on February 22, 2019, taking place in the beautiful Pacific Coast of Panama.
Each day will be an opportunity to rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul. We’ll offer daily yoga and meditation taught in the “jungle yoga studio” with nature sounds as your background music.
Enjoy quiet time on the hammock lounge, or the private beach just a 5-minute walk from the yoga retreat center. Indulge in healthy meals, desserts, herbal teas, massages, and so much more. We will flow, sweat, breathe and cleanse.
Everyone is welcome! Solo travelers, couples, groups, and all levels of yoga experience.
Istmo is the Spanish word for isthmus or a small body of land connecting two larger bodies of land. In this spirit, the owners of Istmo Yoga and Adventure Retreat hope to help bridge connections and personal transformation for their guests.
“The perfect place to unplug from the outside world and plug-in to yourself”
- 7-day, 6-night accommodations in beautiful, stand-alone, air-conditioned bungalows
- 3 healthy, vegetarian meals per day, cooked fresh by owner and renowned Chef Sean Davis.
- Gluten-free and vegan options are available upon request.
- Dinner on arrival (February 22). Breakfast and lunch on departure (February 28).
- Fruit bowl, tea and water available throughout the day
- Free wireless internet in the centrally located hammock gazebo
- Use of Aromatherapy diffusers in the rooms with a limited selection of DoTerra essential oils.
- Roundtrip airport transfer (see flight details below)
- Applicable sales and hotel taxes
- If you are a US Citizen you do not need a visa
- 2 daily yoga classes taught by Brenda and Argentina
- Morning Yoga (including vinyasa flow, breath work, and meditation)
- Evening Yoga (including restorative, gentle flow, Yoga Nidra)
- Theme Vinyasa Workshop
- Introspective Workshop
- Cooking Demonstration
- Introductory SUP (Stand-Up-Paddle) group class at Playa Grande Beach
- Unlimited use of the SUP boards at Playa Grande beach during your stay (required to take the introductory course)
- El Valle Hike & Local Market Trip
- Lagunas De San Carlos SUP beginner’s tour and an optional hike
- Final Day Beach Gathering Celebration
What’s Not Included
- Roundtrip airfare
- Alcoholic beverages & snacks
- Additional smoothies and juices
- Massages and other wellness services
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Any activities not listed above
Fly into Tocumen International Airport (PTY).
The complimentary airport transfer will depart PTY airport on February 22 at 2:00 PM.
The transfer from the retreat center to PTY airport will depart on February 28 at 10:00 AM.
SAMPLE RETREAT SCHEDULE
How to spend your free time
- Take a walk, run, swim, or nap in Playa Grande beach
- Visit a quaint mountain town where you can buy local artisans goods
- Watch the sunrise or sunset
- Hike the nature trail – Humanity Trail
- After your introductory SUP lesson, enjoy some paddle boarding on the beach
- Chill on the hammock lounge
- Get a massage
- Enjoy a drink or snack
- Read your favorite book
- Connect with others
- Enjoy time with yourself
- Take a tour into Panama City to visit the famous Panama Canal
Each bungalow features balconies with seating and hammocks, air-conditioning, ceiling fans, mini-refrigerators with complimentary drinking water, and private bathrooms with hot water showers. The beds at ISTMO have pillow-top orthopedic mattresses and luxurious linens for your ultimate comfort. Each of the bungalows is designed to create the perfect balance between luxurious comfort and natural connection.
The double bungalow comes equipped with two full-sized beds, with pillow-top orthopedic mattresses and luxurious linens. For your ultimate comfort.
Truly unwind when you enter our stand-alone air-conditioned bungalow that blends seamlessly into the natural backdrop of the jungle that surrounds the property.
You will share with another retreat participant, or bring your own roommate.
Early Bird $2,199
Regular Price $2,399
Use Code: EARLYBIRD at checkout before September 30, 2018, for $300 savings
The quad bungalow offers two luxurious bunk beds, each offering a full bed below and twin bed on top. Both with pillow-top orthopedic mattresses and luxurious linens.
The bottom beds will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis, while the top beds provide a little extra privacy.
We will pair you up with the most awesome roommates, or bring your own group.
Early Bird $1,699
Regular Price $1,999
Use Code: EARLYBIRD at checkout before September 30, 2018, for $300 savings
Reserve your spot with a non-refundable deposit of $300. All deposits received by September 30, 2018 will receive the $300 early bird discount by using discount code EARLYBIRD at checkout. The remaining balance must be received by January 18, 2019.
Payment Plans Available
Payment plans are available upon request. After you submit your initial deposit, you can make small payments to go towards your balance. The total amount due simply needs to be paid by January 18, 2019.
We know life happens and you may need to cancel your yoga retreat reservation. Cancellation requests submitted within 90 days of retreat date, 50% of total amount (less deposit) will be refunded. Within 30 days of your scheduled retreat, we do not offer refunds.
“Magical experience! Thank you Brenda and Argentina for making this happen.”
“The Spring Awakening retreat experience felt very personal and well-thought out, from booking flights to the schedule. Argentina and Brenda have very complementary styles and it was noticeable how much effort and care they put into planning this retreat. It was well worth the money and time. I would do it again. “
Absolutely wonderful week in a stunningly beautiful place. Excellent resort, yoga bliss (with perfect challenge level) with beach view.
Brenda and Argentina are incredible yoga teachers! Everything about the retreat was so well thought out — from the location to the food to the yoga classes and meditation. I left Colombia feeling relaxed, rejuvenated, and ready to bring the calm vibes back to NYC.
Our mission is to continue to share the practice of yoga while building a new type of community; one that fosters a more inclusive and welcoming environment. All while exploring the different cultures of the world. Please join us!
Meet the Instructors
In her classes, Brenda values precision, mindfulness, and a great playlist. Brenda was drawn to the physical practice of yoga which has led her on this journey of self-awareness and exploring different philosophical practices. She stumbled upon yoga in a corporate wellness class while working in San Francisco. Something about the yoga practice made her realize that she didn’t need to constantly feel anxious, stressed, and disempowered.
Most recently, she spent some time in Vrindavan, India studying the Bhagavad Gita and Vedic Psychology which are her latest musings. Learn More
After working in the pharmaceutical drug industry for years after graduating college, Argentina decided that she wanted to contribute to people’s health and wellbeing in a more holistic way. She is now a full-time yoga instructor in New York City and has been studying and practicing many holistic healing practices such as Reiki, Yoga Nidra, and various meditation techniques.
Argentina’s classes are breath-centered, challenging yet accessible and never competitive. Off the mat, Argentina enjoys spending time with her dog Rocky and volunteering in her native Dominican Republic. Learn More